I managed to drag hubby out of bed on Saturday morning at half seven for a run outside. Both of us are getting bored with the treadmill and starting to wane for our challenge, but having a run outdoors helped us get our mojo back.
He ran just over 5km (the first time he has ever run 15k in a week so yay him!), and I did my usual 5k out, and then thought that as I was feeling quite good despite just having run up a hill, that I would try for a bit further before I turned back. I tried to time it, and when I got back (even with a little sprint at the end), I had done 11.5k.
It felt really good as well - easier than on the treadmill, despite the hills and the freezing cold. When the daylight hours return, I shall definitely try and do more outdoor running as it seems to renew our enthusiasm.
On the flip side, I ended up over eating again at the weekend. It all started with pie. Shepherds Pie for dinner when we got to the in-laws, followed by Lemon Meringue Pie for dessert.
Saturday started well, with the run, but rapidly went downhill as I had a bagel and marmite for breakfast, with an extra slice of white bread and jam thrown in and a glass of milk. We then had "coffee time" - for me, Hot Chocolate, and about 5 biscuits.
For lunch I had a bagel and ham and lots of salad with a bit of ranch dressing... good, you might be thinking... but then had cake for dessert.
For supper, we had a pork casserole with dumplings, not too bad, I didn't have extra potatoes.. but then we had lemon meringue pie again and with some treacle tart on the side.
On top of all of that, I also had another hot chocolate and couple of biscuits.
On Sunday, I started with a bowl of porridge and glass of milk with banana Nesquik. That would have been okay except for the fact that I made too much, and instead of stopping and not eating it all, I ate it all.
Then we had coffee time - more hot chocolate and biscuits. Then lunch - roast beef, yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes - I had 6 roasties where I would normally have none.
For pudding, more pie, tart and cakes.
We got home, and for dinner I had Brandy Snaps, a bagel and marmite, and 3 Mingles.
So - another weekend of over eating that I now have to retrospectively try and make up for.
Some things never change.
1 comment:
Aw, sweetie. I feel like you're getting very frustrated.
On the one hand, your runs are awesome! You're doing everything right there....
Can you figure out a way to eat without feeling like you're undoing all your hard work? Is there a compromise between completely doing without and feeling guilty at the end of the weekend??
Post a Comment