So, I've talked a lot about my complete lack of willpower, right? Well, yesterday I was feeling prettu demotivated about work and it spilled over into my healthy eating... and someone brought round a plate of cookies to say thank you for some stuff we'd done for them. They were right next to me and I ended up eating 2 of them.
I started out only having one bite... but it's a slippery slope and I got a taste for them - I should never have had that first bite. I have put a sign up on my desk now reminding me I need to say No.
You'd think that would help, wouldn't you? No. This morning, I came in, and the other plate of cookies that had appeared yesterday (which was a short walk away) had one left on it. So of course I had to eat it, right? No. But I did.
As a result, at WW tonight I am fully expecting at least a 0.5lb gain, if not more. So, the usual, one step forward, 2 steps back...
I really need to get this into my head that I can't just eat this stuff and expect to get away with it.
On a positive note, I did manage to run another 10k last night, and although I was dreading it (like seriously, butterflies and all!), it was actually fairly easy and I upped my pace as well and finished at a sprint. Which makes me not dread Friday's run too much. It's getting less painful, so I might start trying to increase the distance I am doing (although this requires discipline to restart the machine as they've capped it).
Anyway, while I am, as ever, disgusted by my complete lack of willpower, I shall be tested tonight. The guys at work have been begging me to do another bake sale, so I shall be baking brownies tonight. What will be the challenge is actually having a proper evening meal - Nick's out, and whenever he's out I end up not really eating a proper meal and instead I snack on whatever is to hand.
I'm going to try and make this one Thursday where I don't have a post weigh in splurge, and maybe that way I'll actually start the week as I mean to go on and lose weight next week.
1 comment:
Well, I DO wish you'd stop being so hard on yourself!
The running is fabulous...and you didn't eat the whole PLATE of cookies...did you?
It is about moderation...and I think you'll do better in the long run if you don't completely deny yourself everything...ya know?
Post a Comment