So, after a weekend of indulgence at the in-laws, I was really cutting back during the week, and this week it has paid off, with a 1lb loss - my first in what feels like eons!
I gambled a bit this week, and given how hard I found my run on Wednesday I am realising that I have to be more balanced - no more overeating on the weekend and then eating under 15 points for the rest of the week - that doesn't give me enough fuel for running at the levels I now am.
Which means I need to be more organised and more resilient.
This weekend I will be baking brownies (easy enough to resist now - I know what they taste like!) and then we have dinner at my parents' and then a Christening and lunch on Sunday. Dinner at my parents will be okay as long as I focus on meat and veg and leave out the carbs and dessert. Sunday shouldn't be too difficult, my brother is providing beef stew and I doubt he'll have cooked enough to go around 30 people!
So, I need to make sure that I eat at least 18 points a day during the week, and although I might not count on the weekend, I need to make sure that I don't go overboard.
In other news, last night Hubby and I had a date night after weigh in - we went off to see Tim Vine (UK comedian, slightly surreal at times, but very funny!). We found a noodle bar around the corner from the venue and rushed a meal so we weren't late. As it was post weigh in, I did splurge. I had Pork CharSui and Egg Fried Rice and we shared a crispy duck platter between us. Now I just need to make sure that I restrict my splurge days to just one instead of them spreading out from Thursday through Sunday!
Today for lunch: carrot sticks, pepper and baby plum tomatoes (brought to you by the colours orange and red) and a multiseed bagel.
My lunchtime mission: find a dress for the Christening that doesn't make me look middle aged (my mother has started buying me decidedly frumpy middle aged clothes and while offended, it's making me up my game and make sure that's NOT how I dress when I see them).
On Wednesday I had a quick look in M&S and was considering a dress, when a 55-60 year old woman came up and remarked what a lovely dress it was.... so that was an instant NO. I need to start taking lessons from Jenn Brindley on how to dress stylishly.... for my age!
1 comment:
Oh, congrats on your last weigh-in!
And definitely look for youth-minded clothes! You'll have plenty of time to look 50-60 when you're 55!
Have fun this weekend!
Post a Comment