Thursday, February 11, 2010

Some good things

Last night was a minor milestone - I completed another 10k run to have done my first century! Only another 903k to go, but 102k down! At my current rate it'll take me another 30 weeks, holiday weeks aside.

I am frustrated though, because I thought it would be getting easier and it doesn't seem to be - admittedly I have put my speed up to 10.2kph but I am still struggling for the last couple of k's each time. I used to be able to run 10miles straight!

It'll come, I just need to be patient I guess. I'd like to be able to build up to running for 90mins (15km) each time. I'll get there.

In other news, we had some great news last night - Hubby got offered this job he really wanted. Although I nearly killed him when he started fretting about the change and if it was the right thing to do etc.

The only problem is that it kind of puts a cat among the pigeons in terms of our planned holidays - we have 3 weeks in September booked, but when he moves to the new job, he'll only get just enough days holiday to cover that and 3 days for Christmas. Which means that the week we had planned to take in the Summer will have to be brought forward to either between jobs or before he leaves this one. Which would be fine except that we have made plans with friends and family for most of the weekends between now and the end of May... I think we're just going to have to move some things around and hope people understand.

The other slightly sticky issue is that Hubby's company don't pay out bonus until the March pay run, and he doesn't know if he'll be disqualified if he has handed his notice in before then (which would be unfair as the qualifying period of work is Jan - Dec 09), there's also the risk that they'll ask him not to work his full notice period, so if they ask him to leave before that March pay run, they could refuse to give him his bonus as well. These are all things he needs to find out before he resigns.

It's all good though, the new role will be a good challenge for him and will hopefully boost his confidence again.

Yesterday was a good day.

In other news, we're waiting to hear about this weekend - we were due to go and see Hubby's family, but his mum has flu so we don't know yet if she'll be up to visitors - she's going to let us know. We've already booked the girls into the Cattery though, and I have to drop them off tomorrow morning. Maybe I'll be picking them up again on Saturday morning, although I think we'll have to pay for the full 3 nights. Oh well. I just hope that M-I-L feels better as I know Hubby misses his family and wants to see them.

1 comment:

kathryn said...

Well, congrats to hubby! That is great news. I hope that his company does the right thing and gives the man his bonus....and his vaca days.

Don't worry, sweetie...everyone'll understand that there's some things you just can't control.