Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Another 11k

I honestly thought that this far in (running 10-11k 3 times a week for the past 3 weeks), the distances would start getting easier.

But they're not really. I am still struggling for the last couple of k's, and I suspect it's because I'm indoors. Unfortunately, with the daylight hours being what they are, there isn't really an option for me to run outdoors at night, it's just not safe.

I am also suffering with what I call "Runner's Face" - this is where the sweat drips down my face, and I wipe it away with tissues... and that aggravates my skin and last week I had a few spots appear. I am trying not to wipe so much, and maybe that will help.

On the subject of sweat, I do get annoyed at the girls that come into the gym just to be seen - you know the type - fully made up, hair perfectly sculpted. They do about 10 minutes at a slow pace on each machine and don't even work up a sweat let alone a flush. They are usually inappropriately dressed for the gym, but leave thinking that they've had a good work out.

Of course, there are those who just don't sweat. There is a lady who runs next to me on the treadmill, usually knocking out a few k's, but doesn't break a sweat or even a flush. Me, I look like I've run a few marathons in a row within about 5 minutes of breaking into a run.

I have gym anger and envy all at the same time.

On the plus side, my weekend of (relative) goodness appears to be paying off - although I was over points, I still seem to be on track to record a solid weight loss this week. Of course, I do have a working lunch tomorrow, so that may scupper my plans.

I am learning to control myself again. I shall just have to exercise my inner voice and say NO more often (and not let the other inner voice tell me that just one won't hurt - because it will).

Meanwhile Hubby is ill and I have to go home and do the chores (bin emptying, litter tray cleaning, washing, washing up and dinner). Today is officially "Chores-day".

No comments: