Well, Christmas was a blast - the new roasted sprouts recipe was a BIG success, and definitely one I shall be doing again. My parents enjoyed themselves and both wrote lovely thank you letters to us saying they had a great time.
Working in between Christmas and New Year was quiet. Didn't really do that much, but actually got a few bits done...
The week off at the in-laws was just what I needed to finally kick this cold (today is the first day I've woken up feeling okay and no headache has yet materialised woohoo!).
There was one minor drama - in-laws were upset by the fact that I had written the gift tags and addressed them to their Christian names, not "Mum" and "Dad". They said it wasn't an issue (clearly it was, otherwise why bother raising it?!)... all this was in hushed tones downstairs while I was in the shower, but I eavesdropped. Every year I get something wrong, and it annoys me. I was brought up to believe that it was the thought behind the present that counted, not the f*cking label.... but there you go. Of course, they asked Hubby not to mention anything to me... which they always do, but I would far rather, if they had a problem with me, to say something direct to me, rather than placing Hubby in the middle, in a really awkward position.
Still, they didn't let me lift a finger, provided good company, good games and good eats, so I shan't complain. It was a shock getting up at 6:25 this morning after a week of not rising before 8:30!!
The downside of all of this? Well, I stepped on the scales this morning... 13st 4lb, that's 186lb of me now. And funnily enough, exactly the SAME weight as I was this time last year when I rejoined WeightWatchers for the umpteenth time. Not Good. A year wasted, and only myself to blame. Yes, I had been ill on numerous occasions, but I didn't get back into the game, wasted my gym membership and ultimately spent £215 on WW membership where I didn't lose any weight at all.
So - I start 2010 back on the wagon. I shall be measured (i.e. NO extremes), I shall be committed, I shall be determined.
1 comment:
No...not a year wasted. Never wasted. I know what you meant, but had to clarify.
You WILL make this year different. Not "I'll try", but "I will."
period!
Post a Comment