My socks have recently taken to falling down inside my shoes when I walk. They are relatively new so I am upset if the elastic has gone already, but resigned to having to buy yet more socks. Probably serves me rightly for buying cheap supermarket socks.
I am frustrated with my eyebrows. I am slightly eyebrow obsessed. This is understandable as I was bullied at school because I had thick bushy eyebrows. At 20 I started plucking them. I never had anyone teach me how to do it (my mother and sister both sport unruly eyebrows that make my tweezer fingers itch!).
After a few mishaps (I hardly have any in my graduation photo!), and a few comments from my siblings (for some reason they cannot resist finding fault, but at least mine are well kept! My sister sometimes calls them apostrophes. Nice.)
My right one is pretty much perfect. It's fullish, shaped and starts at a nice distance from my nose and above my eyes, and finishes at a good distance as well.
My left one is another story. It's thin, and never seems to grow fuller even when I leave it. It starts further away from my nose and therefore gives my nose a slightly odd positioning. I find myself having to fill it in with make up, but always feel that looks slightly obvious.
I grew up for a while, my formative teen years, in Brussels. Where the height of fashion for middle aged women (and it appeared that most of the people who lived in our area were middle aged women) to pluck all their eyebrow hairs and then draw a thin kohl line in their place. I don't know why. It looked awful. I am therefore constantly paranoid about appearing the same.
It appears that no amount of training, coaching, begging or pleading will get my eyebrows to grow the same. The perfect mirror image of each other would be ideal.
But then they do say that those people of the world who are considered the great beauties have perfectly symmetrical faces. I'm crushed to realise I'm not one of the great beauties of the world. (Seriously, I'm not. I realised this long ago!)
However, I would like to have matching eyebrows please. Fairy Godmother?
2 comments:
Who says that to be beautiful you have to have a perfectly symmetrical face??
Remember...the photos you see of these "beauties" have been digitally enhanced...that includes filling in eyebrows, lifting eyelids and straightening noses.
Truly beautiful women accentuate what they see is their best feature and realize that NO-ONE is perfect!
I, for one, have NEVER been able to master the perfect eyebrow arch.
I should seriously consult someone on this...
Oh I didn't mean, as in who people consider beautiful, but there was a scientific study done (therefore it MUST be right!!) a while back.
Just found an article that says it's healthier too!!
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/a-symmetrical-face-isnt-just-prettier--its-healthier-too-509285.html
Post a Comment