Thursday, January 21, 2010

Well, it definitely wasn't WW

But somehow I appear to have lost 3.5lb according to my scales at home. I am hoping this translates to a loss at my official weigh in tonight.

I think it has just been because of the increased exercise. I went from 4 weeks of doing nothing and eating what I wanted to doing exercise at least twice a week, and cutting back on my eating considerably.

However, I know it won't continue and so going forward I really need to stick to my points on a daily basis. This won't be easy. Tomorrow night we go to Paris for a trade show to try and line up suppliers and get ideas for product ranges for our small business. French food is not low fat, but they do do wicked salads and vegetables unlike some places we have been to.

I did another 10k last night, which was painful. I really struggled from about 5k, but I pushed on, I was nearly hanging off the handlebars at the end, but I made it. I have now run 32k of my half of the 2010k challenge. At this rate, we're not going to make it. I am considering working from home tomorrow just so that I can hit the gym at 6 a.m. to get a run in before work. That would be the sensible thing to do!

For Paris, I am considering my wardrobe carefully. I want to appear professional, but not suited up. I have a gorgeous pale blue shirt and white/brown tweedy waistcoat to wear but I need some smart brown trousers - that's my mission at lunchtime today. I need to ideally wear heels as well, so am hoping that my feet will survive in my brown shoe/boots standing and walking all day.

There's a lot to think about. Also, our designer hasn't come back with our business card designs yet, so I need to find someone who can print us some temporary ones in 24hours!

Have a good day everyone! It's nearly the weekend!

2 comments:

kathryn said...

wow! Paris! How exciting! Sounds like you've got a full plate there, honey! (Pun intended)

Congrats on the weight loss...and don't let me hear you say "it won't continue" again. You decide that it WILL continue.

M'kay?

Runnergirl said...

You're right - it WILL continue. Positive thoughts and positive action.