Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Doing too much...

So, I have made the decision to give up line dancing. I've got various reasons for this.

I had joined it to make some local friends. Except most of the class are 50's/60's and not really local.

I had joined because it was something I always wanted to do. Having done it for a few months I've realised that it's not that hard, and I am getting bored doing the beginner stuff but unless the advanced class are learning a new dance, I can't keep up.

Also, the advanced class is from 9-10:30 and for someone who is used to being in bed at about that time, I am always shattered the next day and struggle at work.

I go to the gym on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. I have Weight Watchers on a Thursday. So my only free night really is a Tuesday, which is when the class is, but after I've got home from doing our supermarket shop after work, done the washing up, cooked dinner and emptied all the bins, the last thing I want to do is drag myself back out to dance for a couple of hours.

It's too much and I'm coping through over eating and not eating proper meals. Dinner for the last two days has consisted of toast, marmite and chocolate cake. (I threw the last of this away last night, but I have pretty much single handedly eaten the entire cake on my own).

During the day at work I am tired and keep nibbling at jelly sweets that someone brought back from a recent holiday.

It's all part of the same thing really - I'm doing too much and am not keeping up with everything. I need my sleep and I need to get to the gym, but staying home and vegging on the sofa is a big temptation.

I think that by doing less, I'll actually be able to do more, if that makes sense.

In the running challenge, I ran 10k on Monday and am aiming to do the same tonight. Hubby ran 5k last night. We are slightly behind our targets, so will just have to increase the distances that we do later on in the year.

2 comments:

kathryn said...

Wow...that is a very FULL pace you're trying to maintain, sweetie...

Just don't burn yourself OUT.

Everything in...moderation??

Runnergirl said...

I know that I wouldn't be able to keep it going past a few months and all my good intentions would abandon me!