Monday, January 25, 2010

Paree...

Well, I totally failed with all my eating goals!

But we did walk for miles and miles. (Have just calculated our route around Paris yesterday on http://www.mapmyrun.com and we walked about 8.5miles!! No wonder we were shattered! Admittedly we did stop for lunch enroute.

The show was incredible and we came away with lots of ideas and lots of confidence that we can make our business work. We might not make a ton of money, and we are going to have to keep our day jobs for the foreseeable future, but we found a lot of product ranges we've not seen before, that we think people will love and will buy.

We met some very nice people, and some more aloof and snotty.

We realise that we're going to have to invest about £10k in stock, but that's okay because we think we can pick product ranges that will sell.

The only fly in the proverbial ointment is that the job Nick is going for might not like the fact that he's doing this on the side, but we shall have to see. He's going to tell them in the next interview.

We're still not that taken with Paris - we prefer Rome. Yes, there are some nice historic buildings, but not the same cobbled backstreets to explore, and some areas felt decidedly seedy. We saw all the main sights apart from the Sacre Coeur and Montmartre, which we will do next time.

My legs ache and I am hoping that I can run 10k in the gym tonight without too much pain!

2 comments:

kathryn said...

This is sooo exciting about your new business endeavor!

Whatever will you do if Nick's new boss-to-be doesn't want him pursuing this?? Is there a Plan B??

Can't wait to hear more about it....

Runnergirl said...

I'm not sure what Plan B will be - maybe Nick steps down as a partner in the business and I get someone else in in name only. Thing is, I still need him to help with the technical and marketing side of things.

I couldn't ask him to give up his dream job because of it though.

Plan C I guess would therefore be that we put plans on hold and I just wait.