Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 1

Well, it was with the best intentions that I got home last night, got warm and then went out again to my local WW class... which was dark and empty. Not a person there.

So, my weigh in this week is based on my home scales, first thing in the morning, in the buff (oooh! Not that exciting, I can assure you!). It said 13st 2.5lb.

I wasn't good yesterday - the mentality of one last blow out etc. So, no more excuses today.

The Food Plan:
Brekkie - 55g oats, 0.5pint skimmed milk - 4.5pts
Lunch - M&S Orzo Salad (which has changed recipe since last time, so may need to recalculate points) - 4.5pts
Supper - Damn. Forgot to get anything out of the freezer! Quorn Fillet Stir Fry with a Blue Dragon sauce and Egg Noodles - 6pts
Snack - WW Fromage Frais x 2 (I have a load in the fridge that are edging past their sell by date and need to be eaten!) - 2pts

The astute amongst you will notice that that is only 17pts. This is because we are going to a wedding tomorrow so I am trying to save some points for that.

This is a typical day for me in WW mode - however, given the constant snacking of the past 2 weeks, it will be a bit of a shock to the system, I have no doubt.

This will mark 12 years since I first joined WW - wonder if I can crack it this year? Let's face it, it has to be done, otherwise it's just an exercise in futility. I have to do this. No more excuses. No more weaselling out of it. Other people can do it, so can I. Let's get this done. This year. And start 2011 without promising myself that this will be the year I get to goal.

On an entirely unrelated note, and probably a somewhat unpopular viewpoint, I am loving the snow still - it reminds me of when I was a kid in the Falklands - not just the fun to be had in the snow, but just the constant beauty of the landscape around when covered in a white blanket. Even Uxbridge looks pretty. Well, prettier, let's not get carried away. It's still Uxbridge.

However, the view from my bedroom window, whilst pleasing most of the year around, appears much more breathtaking in the snow. The fields and lakes. The shaggy gypsy horses munching at the hay bales. Just beautiful.

I will try and take a photo at some point to show you.

Anyhoo - happy Friday everyone, it's nearly the weekend!!!

No comments: