We had a lovely weekend. We ended up going to the whole wedding on Saturday because some people hadn't made it due to the weather. We were on a fun table of other "crashers" and ended up taking the toys out of the kiddies gift boxes that were there, and making miniature film scenes to take with the disposable camera. It was hilarious and I wasn't even drinking! The band were Greek/English and were awesome. Sadly they were restricted by a noise limiter which meant that when they took a break and put some party tracks on, it was quiet and there was not much dancing.
On Sunday, we had a free day - as our plans to help my sister decorate were cancelled. So we had a nice lie in, then I changed the sheets on our bed and the spare room, did 2 loads of washing, tidied the living room and we put all the Xmas deccies back in the loft. The house was freezing when we got up, because the boiler hadn't come on, but we reset it and it seems fine now. We went to go and get some boarding for the loft, but they had none left but we picked up paint charts for our kitchen at least.
We watched a movie curled up on the sofa and then Hubby went to play on his computer while I snoozed, read magazines and had a movie on in the background. I cooked a made up beef stew which I thought was delicious and we had that for dinner. Perfect winter comfort food, and pretty healthy too.
When we went to bed, Hubby was really miserable. He really didn't want to go to work, but was stressing about all he had to get done this week as well. He has hit the lowest point in terms of self confidence, so much so that he doesn't think he'll ever get out of his current company and the thought was making him miserable. I tried to buoy him, tell him how wonderful he is, and he thinks I'm lying.
I don't know what else to do or say, but I am really hoping with all my heart that this interview he had works out. He needs this so badly. And at the end of the day, if he's not happy, then I'm not either because I hate seeing him like this - it's like his spirit has been completely crushed and it breaks my heart.
3 comments:
There's only so much you'll be able to do to lift his spirits if he's in a bad situation. Hopefully, he'll be able to work things out and improve his lot. Good luck!
Oh, I hope this interview goes well for him. I know how hard it can be when you're not happy at work.
My good wishes are with him...
Am keeping looking around for him and sending him links to things. He seemed a bit more cheerful this morning at least.
Just hoping he hears soon about the interview - but the recruitment person is on holiday til next week, so we probably won't hear anything til then.
Thanks for your thoughts!
Post a Comment