Friday, January 15, 2010

Not enjoying today

So far today has been stressful, rushed and all that I hate in bad days at work. I have 3 hours to finish a piece of work, which should be okay, except I keep getting interrupted, and to get this piece of work done, I've put off another 2. Which were also due today, but I can't do everything dammit.

Yesterday was a bit of a disaster food wise. Let's start with the Hot Chocolate that I shouldn't have had. Yes, it was made with skimmed milk, but I still shouldn't have had it. Then there were the 2 Caramel Digestives. They are another weakness of mine (there are a lot!).

After our course on International Trade, which was very helpful towards our business plans, we went out for Sushi. I was pretty healthy. Because I can't eat fish, I stuck to the non fish options. I wasn't too evil, but it was still more than I would ordinarily eat of a lunchtime.

When we got back, we picked my car up from the garage and went to the gym. I managed another 6km (and it was really tough going!). So 993 left to do! I also drank about 1.5litres of water while I was working out. I then went straight home, showered and went to weigh in. Wearing jeans.

So, all in all, not a huge surprise when the scales showed a 9.5lb weight gain since before Christmas!!! I am sincerely hoping that this means that when I weigh in next week, without having had a big lunch and consumed that much water just beforehand and wearing more suitable attire, I will have a good loss.

This weekend is a challenge - we have friends for lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. We had promised them a cocktails, 3 course dinner and variety of wines. The plan is to serve canapes and cocktails... then venison stew with dauphinoise potatoes and vegetables. For dessert I am doing chocolate mousse cake with raspberries and raspberry coulis.

Brunch will be blueberry pancakes, optional bacon and maple syrup.

I am opting for the small portions route I think. And maybe no pudding, but just enjoy the dessert wine!

I am hoping that with a gym session tomorrow morning, and then again on Monday and Wednesday, and moderate eating for the rest of the week, I will be able to nudge under the 13st mark.

A little self control is all that is required. But not something I am well known for!

No comments: