Monday, January 25, 2010

We have an identity!

It's very very exciting because we now have a logo, business cards, headed paper, compliments slips etc. all designed. They're a thing of loveliness and I keep opening the file to check they're still there and still looking classy and gorgeous.

Anyway, once we decide to release them to the public, you shall be among the first to know.

In the meantime, we've been invited to a 1940's Casablanca style 40th birthday party. I have no idea what to wear. I'm at my peak in weight so I don't want to go out and buy something new ideally.

I have an evening gown in a soft pale green/blue crepe that is kind of Grecian goddessy. The only problem being that the last time I wore it, all the same people that will be at the party were there too. I'm just hoping that since more than 12 months will have passed they won't remember. The other challenge is that it's the party of one of Nick's am dram lot, which means that they're all incredibly talented and creative when it comes to dressing up for parties.

If all else fails I'll go as Humphrey and wear a white DJ jacket! Any ideas would be appreciated though. (Maybe I should go as the piano!)

2 comments:

kathryn said...

Oh, sweetie! I'm afraid I have no ideas off the top of my head. If I were invited to something like that, I'd have to do a LOT of research on the 40's first.

As for wearing something from a year ago, I would not sweat that ONE BIT. What USED to be thought of as cheap or unimaginative is now realized to be smart and trendy! As Clinton always says: "Be like the French. Own only a few really GOOD pieces and keep wearing them with pride!"

Hope you have fun!

Runnergirl said...

I've found a cool 1940's red haired wig/do that I might get and just wear that with my dress anyway. It seems to fit in with the evening gowns of the era from what I've been able to research.