I am in two minds.
- He hates his current company, mainly because of his boss, but also because he's been told point blank that there are no career progression opportunities for him, and they are not a forward thinking company and he has loads of ideas...
- The company he interviewed with are one that he really wants to work for, the role is underdeveloped, so there's a lot he could do to turn it into a more senior position.
- The company is one of those where people tend to stay for many years, and he really wants to find a role where he can stay for a while.
- The company is quite high profile, and he could get some great recognition for his work, internally and externally.
- The company is based in London, although he only has to be there 2/3 days a week, their other offices are also based in the South East - this means that there is no point in us moving, which means we will be committed to staying in the South East for probably 5/10 years.
- If we stay in the South East, it is unlikely that we will be able to open a physical shop for our business (see point 3), as the rents are so much higher, and the towns which could be a location already have these types of businesses, which are more established.
- The role isn't offering significantly more salary than he his currently on, and if he loses his car allowance we will actually be worse off. This means that we couldn't afford for me to cut down my hours in my job to be able to run our side business outside of just evenings and weekends, which will limit its success.
- If I have to stay in my job full time, then we won't be able to get a dog, which I have been waiting for for so many years! The cats are great, but I REALLY want a Boston Terrier, and that's just not possible with both of us working full time.
See - I am totally and utterly selfish.
But, bottom line, I want him to be happy, and if getting this new job makes him happy, then that's the main thing, right? I'll just have to put my dreams of my own business and a dog on hold until that's feasible again.
3 comments:
All of my married life was spent travelling around with my husband, never really staying anywhere for long. I think the longest time we spent anywhere was 10 months in Boston, America. But we met a lot of people and had a great time!
So...how long till hubby finds out what's what?
There has to be a compromise somewhere, sweetie...
Hopefully, there are details you don't know about yet and it'll all be to both of your advantages...
Fingers crossed...
Not sure how long it will take - because of the snow over here, office attendance has been low, which means they may have had to postpone other interviews.
Last night he was so down - his confidence is at an all time low, and so now I'm just hoping that he does get this - it doesn't matter about me.
Alice - having been a Foreign Office kid, I loved the travelling around, but I can imagine that less than a year in each place would get tiring. At least you'd never get bored though!!
Post a Comment