Friday, January 22, 2010

3lb off!

It was the result I was hoping for but most definitely didn't deserve. I kept my weigh in clothes to the same as last week, jeans and a t-shirt - weight 2lb. The WW scales weigh me the same as my home scales do first thing in the morning and with no clothes on. This is good to know as it means I can work out how on track I am.

The weekend is going to be a challenge. However, for breakfast today I am having a pint of skimmed milk with 10g of Nesquik (banana) = 3pts. For lunch I have a roast pepper, red cabbage cooked with a couple of prunes and chunks of apple, and sweetcorn - all leftovers = 2pts.

This leaves me a whopping 16pts for dinner (which we will probably be having at the train station tonight), and hopefully some points to carry over for the weekend.

My plan is to avoid: hot chocolate, chocolate of any sort, cheese, croissants or other pastries and alcohol.

However, I do have a tendency to be weak when faced with pain au chocolat or those twisty chocolate pastries.

Next week I am going to stick to 18pts a day, and with 2x10km runs on Monday and Wednesday and hopefully I'll lose at least 1lb. I'm keeping my weight loss realistic this time. 2lb a week, every week is not realistic. I am aiming for 1lb a week, and have built in weight gains for holidays etc. If I can achieve this, then I should be at 11st by Christmas. I know that's not a fast weight loss, that's only 2stone in a year. But given my track record, I think it's more achievable.

Anyhoo - we're going to be doing a lot of walking so that'll keep me active as well. I've also completely changed my mind on wardrobe for the weekend and am going for comfortable but smart casual (I was in agony yesterday after walking around in high heels for my lunch break!). I have black trousers, and two black/grey tops. I am going to try and find a red scarf or something to brighten it up and to match my red handbag.

I realised that my wardrobe is not the problem at the moment, it's my rotundness. And so I found my weight loss motivation again! For me, I am going to stop and carefully consider the decisions about food that I make. I'm also just going to try and slow down with food in general. I KNOW that we're supposed to eat slowly, yet I've never pushed myself to stick to that.

The time has come. This is the year. I am intending not to spend the whole of this decade going up and down and up and down again. Down all the way....

1 comment:

kathryn said...

Awesome post, sweetie!

YES...do NOT let food become the FOCUS....it's there to provide sustenance. They say to eat slow so you'll really taste the food.

And then, you're off! 'Cause you've got a life to lead!