So, having thought about it, I decided that 1,000 miles was going to be too much - it would mean I'd have to get up to running 30 miles a week pretty damn quickly and it wouldn't build in any room for illness etc.
So, I chatted with Hubby, and we decided, given that our gym attendance in 2009 was APPALLING, to set ourselves a challenge that would commit us to going to the gym 3 times a week.
Therefore, we have decided to RUN 2010km in 2010 to raise £2,010 for Cancer Research!
Cancer Research is a really important cause for me - my father is now in the clear after having Prostate Cancer a few years ago, my sister is still recovering from Breast Cancer. I have lost a number of family members already to this terrible disease, and one of my uncles is currently battling Cancer, having already lost his wife a few years ago as well.
If you can, please support Hubby and I in this cause - I will be tracking our weekly distance and fundraising through this blog. We hit the ground running (excuse the pun) on 6th January when we are back from holidays.
Although we're not going to be running massive distances, the key to this is the commitment to running at least 3 times a week to ensure we get to the total at the end. I am fully intending on smashing this target, but appreciate that the fund raising target will be a little more challenging.
I think it's a good challenge, and if it benefits such a worthy cause as well, then so much the better.
The website for donations is: www.justgiving.com/Caroline-Nick
Thank you for any support, whether moral or financial!
2 comments:
Or you could just run one mile a week and then conserve your energy for that big 950-mile run on the last week. Sounds like a plan!
Sweetie, just give me some time to financially recover from these blasted holidays and I'll give it all I've got!
I lost my mom to breast cancer...damned, blasted, horrible disease...
Post a Comment