Well, New York was, of course, fabulous.
Unfortunately I came down with a stinking cold on the way over, and although I was dosing myself up with Dayquil (courtesy of Duane Reade), I still struggled, so we didn't do perhaps as much as we should have done. I certainly didn't put the effort into Christmas shopping for hubby that I should have.
The Rockettes were indeed spectacular, and not a foot out of place (and believe me, you'd notice!), it was all very festive and suitably cheesy, but with some remarkable dancing!
Top of the Rock was windy, but the views beautiful, especially at night (doesn't quite compare with the views of the lights flying into JFK, but nearly!!!).
We ate at some great places: Cafe Habana (cosy, but great atmosphere and food), Juniors (incredibly busy at all times, but enormous portions and great value for money, if a little touristy), Pearl Oyster Bar (the Lobster Roll was just as good as I had imagined), Westway Diner (great French toast with eggs and bacon), pizza from Patzeria just off Times Square (although we were rather ambitious and ordered a whole small pie when a slice or two each would have sufficed), and Peter Luger's Steakhouse... which was (sorry, got to interrupt here - but it's snowing!!!).. where was I... oh yes, steak. Yum!
So, not great for weight loss, although according to my scales this morning I have only put on 3lb, which is amazing... but I shall see. I am supposed to weigh in at class tomorrow, but I have a team day out in town so not sure if I'll get back in time for it.
Anyway, the trip was great, despite a stinking cold, and I still love New York and the people there are still as friendly as ever (despite a few crazies on the subway).
I hope you're all doing great and not coming down with the many bugs that seem to be doing the rounds.
[Hoping the snow settles....]
1 comment:
I'm so glad you had a good time, sweetie...but I'm sorry for that stinkin' cold.
'Tis the season....for colds and snow.....sigh.
I'm sorry, but it's HARD not to gain weight when you're on vacation!!
Post a Comment