enough, I don't seem to have put on a ton of weight over Christmas. Although this has been the relatively easy part... I have been naughty, and have been eating pretty much what I want, but have lost my appetite a bit cos I am still ill.
The next few days will be eating normally again, and then we are off to the in-laws where I will try and exercise a degree of self-control. I won't be running after all due to a hilarious cartoon moment on Boxing Day.
Kathryn would tell this so much better but here goes...
Boxing Day morning and I am stripping the turkey (of its meat rather than anything kinky). I put together a parcel of breast and leg meat (again, nothing kinky) and go out to put it in my mum's coolbag in the porch (our fridge was warmer than our porch!!)
I come back into the kitchen to see Agnes (one of our cats, 3 and old enough to know better!), on the kitchen side, tucking into the aforementioned turkey! I run towards her, hollering loudly to scare her off and as she takes off across the kitchen side and out the cat flap, she skids on a lovely cast iron (and therefore heavy) trivet which falls off the side in a comedy/cartoon slow motion-ish way, and straight onto my foot.
Luckily it only seems to have resulted in one badly bruised toe and slightly bruised foot, rather than anything broken. The trivet was fine, and so was my stone tiled floor.
Unfortunately I don't think I ought to run on it until the bruising has gone down.
I am also not going to be exercising while I am still ill, but you can bet your bottom dollar that as soon as I am 100% healthy again, I am going to hit the gym and get some mileage back under my belt. I am not sure about entering any races, but thought instead that I might set myself an annual mileage target...
Maybe 9 miles a week for the first few weeks, then build up to 20-30 miles a week by the end of the year, allow for holidays and a few days off, and maybe set a target of 1,000 miles by the end of the year. This would mean I'd need to run an average of 19 miles or so a week, which allowing for holidays and getting to the necessary fitness levels is going to be a tough challenge.
I'm wondering if I should set my self 750 miles as a more realistic goal - after all the illness that I've had this year, 1,000 miles would have been impossible. But maybe it needs to be a challenge that seems insurmountable to make it feel like even more of an achievement, and also to actually be able to raise some good sponsorship for charity.
What do you reckon - do I go for the more achievable, or do I go for something more daunting?!
4 comments:
I say always go for daunting.
Have decided to rope Hubby in as well... so we're going to run 2010km in 2010 and try and raise £2010 for Cancer Research. I will, of course, try and smash that target!
I kinda like the idea of aiming l-o-w....and then blowing everyone away by finishing off doing better than anyone expected.
But, maybe that's just me??
Oh, and that comic moment was HILARIOUS!!!
You poor thing....I could just picture you screaming at the cat...and the trivet falling in seemingly slow motion....
OW! OW! OW! HA!
Post a Comment