Monday, October 19, 2009

A weekend in which I did nothing

Well, I did do something, clearly, as you can't just do nothing...

I did some housework and I loaded up some before and during piccies to my last post.

I watched some movies (He's just not that into you & Night of Rodanthe).

I watched X Factor and was appalled by the awful Irish twins version of Britney's Oops I did it again... car crash telly (and yet even more appalled last night when they got through to the next round - SERIOUSLY people!? It makes a mockery of those contestants who do actually have decent singing voices and is slightly reminiscent of the Eurovision fiasco).

I subsisted on dried cranberries and white wine on Saturday - not good, but had lost 3lb overnight by Sunday morning!

On Sunday I went to see "Love Happens" and had the entire cinema to myself - bliss. I stopped by John Lewis and picked up one of the niece's Christmas presents - a sewing machine for kids (she's 7) and some vouchers for a friend's wedding gift.

I went to Asda for a small weekly shop.

I got home and prepared a beef stew/cobbler and gooseberry (with berries from our garden) crumble for Nick's return home.

I did all the washing up after.

As a result of the heavy eating on Sunday, I put back on the 3lb I lost on Saturday night, but am planning on still losing weight for this week - I am weighing in a day earlier, on Wednesday this week, so some hard work required until then.

1 comment:

kathryn said...

You were a busy girl! I can't believe you started X-mas shopping already! You're my hero!