Friday, October 30, 2009

Plans for the weekend

So, WW class was last night, and the weigh in was official - a 3lb gain for 4 days in Rome. Ah well. You think I'd learn really.

So - having realised that all the weekends up to Christmas are also going to be challenging with 2 meals out almost every weekend, I need to start being wiser, and firmer about leaving work on time and getting to the gym.

This weekend's strategies:

  • Friday: Dinner out tonight - having vegetables only for lunch - no drinking tonight - no carbs, dressings or sauces.
  • Saturday: Day trip to France - No breakfast (really early start!), no pastries/gaufres/hot chocolates, salad for lunch, no cheese/dressings/bread. No dinner.
  • Sunday: 10k race followed by pub lunch. No breakfast (I can't eat before I race), sensible lunch choice, no dinner.
Hopefully if I stick to this, and get to the gym at least twice, go to line dancing on Tuesday and eat sensibly for the rest of the week, I should be able to lose the 3lb I put on this week. That's the plan anyway.

Looking back I realise that I've only lost 2lb since I started this with renewed vigour 5 weeks ago. That's a bit shit really.

4 comments:

Alice in Wonderland said...

I found your site through Smileyfreak, and was looking for other people here in England to write to. I write to loads of people, but they are mostly in America, and the time zones can be a bit of a pain, especially when you are still writing at 4:00a.m.! I am a friend of Chritiejos, and we have been writing for some time now. She has recently started running again, but as she lives in Arizona, the weather gets a bit hot for her at times!
I used to go out running everyday, but then I broke my ankle and started blogging out of sheer boredom! I have made a lot of good friends through this! It's good to see that you've not given up.
So, I noticed that one of your favourite films is "10 Things", so are you a Heath Ledger fan? I have just watched "Dr Parnassus" and he looked so fit and well on it! I miss him so much, but I also have my theories about him too!
So, I'm your newest follower! Check out my site, and hope to hear from you soon! I'll be checking back regular to see how you are getting on.
Take care!

kathryn said...

Good girl. You continue on...don't let setbacks get to you! You are working HARD....and you WILL reach your goal! I know how hard it is to make healthy choices when dining out. You need to give yourself credit for all you HAVE managed to do.

Runnergirl said...

Hi Alice - nice to have a new reader! Will check out your blog in a mo., and Chritiejos...

I am a Heath fan, was so upset when he died, and it still gets me from time to time. I haven't yet seen Dr Parnassus, am hoping to catch it in the cinema soon.

Runnergirl said...

Hi Kathryn,

Thanks as ever for the words of encouragement!