Friday, October 9, 2009

Week 3

I have been out of circulation for a couple of days with work. I decided to refuse the offer to stay over and indulge in a usual drunken away from home work night out, and instead drove for 2 hours in the pouring rain to get home and avoid temptation.

Despite not really sticking to my points for most of the week, and not getting the chance to do any exercise, I was still "good", i.e. I didn't completely fall off the wagon, and was hoping for a 1lb or 0.5lb weight loss.

I was incredibly chuffed to lose a total of 2lb - that makes 4lb in 3 weeks, which I am really pleased with, and although I still have a way to go, I want to be good this week because I am not convinced that the weight will come off as easily this week!

I have my inlaws staying until Sunday morning, and mum-in-law is making dinner tonight - as an aside, I feel kind of weird about this, as it's OUR home, and when they come and stay with us, I like that I get to cook more adventurous dinners than our usual. I also feel kind of snubbed, like the food that I cook for them isn't really what they like (they tend to like quite traditional meals), but this is just paranoia and I have to nip it in the bud. I should be grateful that after a day at work someone else is cooking the dinner for me!

The downside is, of course, that she's doing Shepherd's Pie, which is not the healthiest dinner in the world, and so, in order to stick to my plan, I will have to have a tiny tiny portion, and will probably go to bed hungry. I shall have to try and fill up on vegetables instead.

I am planning on doing a 6 mile run on Saturday morning, so hopefully this will help - and as they like their cakes and coffee and biscuits etc. I have bought some WeightWatchers cake bars so I don't feel completely left out - I've also bought them cakes that I don't like - Battenburg etc. Unfortunately, they have done the usual and brought more cakes with them (despite us repeatedly saying not to!) and have brought Madeira cake (which I can't get enough of and so can't have it in the house!).

It will be a weekend of challenges, but I am hoping that for once I can muster up an ounce of will power, and keep focused on my goals. I am repeating as a mantra "12st 6lb" (174lb) to keep me motivated.

I also must admit that, although I am new here, no one commented on my last post, which I was actually quite proud of. I'm not a writer, and I don't write as well as some others on here, and I know everyone has a whole long list of blogs they read, but I was hoping it would spark some debate.

If you're reading this and haven't read my last post. Please do. Thank you.

No comments: