Instead I did two loads of washing, hung it outside, downloaded a load of albums I want to try before I buy, and updated my ipod while keeping track of any emails coming in.
So, once I was back up and running, I have been working through my To Do list and am gradually ticking things off.
Things I've done that weren't on the list:
- Fill Jelly Belly dispenser for Hubby from the enormous jar I bought him for Christmas. Eat a few myself.
- Discover a hidden bar of Ovomaltine chocolate. Finish bar of Ovomaltine chocolate. This stuff is seriously YUM.
- Enjoy the sunshine and some cuteness from Agnes as she rolls around in the grass and on the patio showing off her belly. Hussy. (For new readers, Agnes is one of our cats!)
- Watch Maud try and squeeze herself into a really small hidey hole amongst all our junk in the study. Laugh out loud when I hear a rather plaintive mew coming from it.
And now, the chappies have arrived to prepare our chimbley for the fitting of a proper fireplace (previous owners had boarded it all up) - all I can hear is the sounds of rubble falling down the chimney inside - it's slightly disconcerting as the back of the chimney breast is the kitchen wall just behind me, and it sounds like it's not contained... I'm sure they know what they're doing. :o)
So, once the washing is dry, our washing basket will be completely empty for all of about 5 minutes... all ready for post holiday washing when we get back.
On the subject of holiday - I have clothes all laid out ready to pack, but I am slightly disconcerted with the lack of nice evening Summer clothes, dresses and the like. Not that we'll need much of them though as we'll only be eating in the hotel restaurant as we're on half board. I am packing a minimum of stuff - 2 pairs of cropped trousers, 3 t-shirts, 2 evening tops, 2 long sleeved light jumpers/shirts for covering up in the evenings. 3 bikinis. However I haven't dared try the bikinis on. Here's hoping they fit. 1 sarong that I really need to replace as it's positively ancient now. Lots of sun tan cream. 13 books. Yup. I usually get through about 2 a day, so that's probably not even enough but will have to do. They go in the handluggage else they really bump up the weight in the main suitcase which is restricted - and this is why I'm planning on getting an E-reader before our 3 week trip to the USA (not that I'll read 2 a day there, but still).
I'm waffling.
Laters all - have a good week. I shall be sunning it up. Can't wait!
1 comment:
Hey Sweets!
Here's hoping you're having a fabulous time!
I can't believe you can read 2 books a DAY....you are my HERO.
Post a Comment