Despite my best intentions to not come in early this morning, I was awake at 5:40 so thought I might as well get up.
Yesterday I did an 11 hour day, in at 6:45 and left at 5:55 - which meant that I didn't get to the gym. I ate slightly over my points when I got home (rationed Easter egg), but apparently lost 2lb overnight. I don't understand my body - and I KNOW I'm not supposed to weigh myself everyday, but I just don't get how it's sooo easy for me to jump up a whole load of lbs with a few days of bad eating, even though I burnt well over 2,000 calories with the running.
Oh well. Tonight is the official weigh in, and I am expecting a weight gain. Of course.
I'm debating stopping my WW membership, as it's now been over a year, and I'm just not getting where I want to be... I will still try and stick to the programme, keep up my running, and try and get into the habit of only weighing myself once a week, not 3 times a day.
The problem is that every time I've stopped going, I've not kept up anything, but the difference is that this time I have a focus on the running to maintain, and if I don't, I'm going to let other people down (I seem to have no problem letting myself down!!).
That said, our sponsorship total is pretty puny and making me wonder if it's worth it - we've only raised £100 - I raised more than that running a couple of years ago when I did a few half marathons.
I'm also debating entering some races this year - my favourite ones have already been and gone, and our diary is getting kind of full, but there might be some through October and November that I could sign up for. I shall investigate.
Anyhoo - coming into work early over the past few days has paid off and I am feeling less stressed about getting everything done before I go away - that said, I am shattered and that has a knock on effect on my running - I just don't feel up to it. Nonetheless I am going to squeeze in one more 10 miler before we leave for sunnier climes and we are also taking our gym gear with us to get some runs in while we are away.
2 comments:
I'm knackered just reading your training regime....All that climbing on and off the scales...
Sounds like you need a break....
Aw, honey. I'm glad you're getting work done so you're not stressed about it when you're off.
Only you can say if maintaining your WW membership is worth it...I still insist that muscle weighs more than fat.
Post a Comment