So, Monday night. Team night out. Which we weren't allowed to put on expenses. First Hmph.
And I only had one course and wasn't drinking. But I had to pay an even share. Second Hmph, but I didn't want to be tight so didn't say anything and am over it now.
Apparently there are a couple of colleagues who are notorious for being overly flirtatious with female colleagues. And neither of them have ever been flirty with me. I think I'm actually upset about that. I'm not even attractive to someone who would flirt with anything in a skirt. Third Hmph. Although, I rarely wear skirts so maybe that's it.
In other news. Marie Claire did a not entirely scientific experiment asking men about different hairstyles on the same girl. How the style made her feel, and how the men perceived her in each style.
One was the Carey Mulligan crop - a slightly longer version of what I had a couple of years ago. The journalist was basically saying that the really short cut made her feel at her sexiest and most confident... yet all the men said she looked too boyish ("butch" in one comment).
I can totally relate to this - when I had my hair all chopped of a few years ago, I felt at my most striking and confident... yet when I grew it out, my husband admitted that he hadn't really liked it.
The other styles were a Lily Allen blunt bob (the boys felt it was too intimidating); an Alexa Chung fringe (bangs) and mussed up shoulder length (the boys thought she would be fun and sexy, although one said it was verging on a mullet!); a Cheryl Cole long mane of curls (the boys thought she would be too high maintenance and vain).
So, the verdict - the boys liked the style that didn't really look anything special or that took any effort, but was shoulder length. The journo felt at her worst in that style, and her best in the style the men hated.
Moral of the story: it really doesn't matter what hair cut you have, but go for low maintenance but not too short.
I really really want to chop all my hair off again, but know Hubby would hate it. I don't know what the compromise is.
2 comments:
I LOONG to lop off my locks too.
and that enirely sparked my post today.
my husband would weep...but I am still sorely tempted :)
MizFit
It's a shame that the men don't like a woman with short hair as I really think it looks very striking. You have nothing to hide behind and that can be quite liberating and confidence boosting.
Post a Comment