Monday, December 13, 2010

I think

I'm going to have to admit defeat on the running challenge.

To complete it by the end of the year would basically mean that I have to run 10x 14k runs, and I only have about 9 opportunities to get out and run and some of those on consecutive days, and given that I only managed 7k the other day, I doubt I'll be able to keep up the pace required.

I am annoyed with myself, because if I'd started at the beginning of the year, rather than waiting til the 9th Jan, and if I'd actually run while we were in Fuerteventura in April instead of just intending to, I would have been there and done it and have even gone over it.

Instead I am in a "so close and yet so far" situation. And I just don't think I have the energy to put in the effort and commitment that is needed.

My motivation has disappeared as well - I've raised barely 10% of the target I set myself. And despite all the k's run, I have seen absolutely no net weight loss.

So I just don't think I can be bothered.

In other news, I seem to have managed my workload so well that I apparently have nothing to do until the correct databases arrive from the agency. And then, other than my monthly reporting and a 2 day Marketing course to do, that's pretty much it for the year.

I have 2 days holiday left to take. Do I take this Friday and then the 31st off?

Do I take the 30th and 31st off?

Dilemna.

5 comments:

Amber said...

I just found you blog and wanted to give you a random act of encouragement.

Even if you can't make your goals you can still reevaulte them and adjust. Change your goal to something you know you can do. After all it's your goal. Goals are there to be milestones to celebrate, not a dread. Maybe 10% was too much of a stretch this time arround, maybe you are already doing what you can, maybe 2% is a better goal. Maybe you are already AWESOME?!

I hope this helps. You shouldn't give up on it all together!

-Amber

BlackLOG said...

So the running challenge is going out the window....why not cycle the last 140k so you at least complete the distance challenge for the year (big celebration, motivation uplift, with only the a slight hint of failure.)and then start a fresh on the 1st of Jan for next years challenge (or not).

You could then rebrand as Runner / cycle girl.....

I personally hate exercise with a passion but end up going to the gym 4 times a week, so I can at least eat some fun foods without having to widen the doors. As for running, way to hard core for me, give me a bike/swimming pool but generally not together the life guards get very upset about the trail of chain oil you leave behind….

Runnergirl said...

Amber - you're right, and I'm not giving up completely - I've still run a lot of km's and I'm not going to beat myself up too much.

BlackLOG - I too hate exercise - partly why I run, maximum calorie burn in the shortest time (I did 15 minutes on the arm bike last night and barely made it past 80 calories burnt!)... I wonder if I should count all the miles that I walked around the USA in September!

I think the fundraising thing may have to die a death... people are contributing so much through other means anyway that it's hard to raise sponsorship. People are more willing to buy cakes off me!

BlackLOG said...

Cakes, cakes you never mentioned cakes....Hmm Cake

You have the answer to your perceived weight problems, if you sell all your cakes you won’t be able to eat them and so you won’t put on any weight so you won’t need to do exercise.
My favourite weight loss advice is Marjorie Doors (Little Britain) – “Cut your slice of cake in half, then you can eat twice as much”

Thanks for the return visit....

Climb2Nowhere said...

Don't give up! I just found your blog and I'm a runner as well. Same reason as you. I eat so I run! It's so hard right now because it's freezing where I live so in the morning I can barely get out of bed when I'm inside because it's so cold. But once you get into the habit you can do it. A few years ago I didn't run at all and went from no running to running a half marathon in 4 months. If I can do it, anybody can! Keep pushing! I actually just got back from a run! LOL! The thing about running and losing weight is you have to eat less. It sucks, but it's the truth! Good luck!