Sunday, December 12, 2010

Ces Francais sont fou, hein?

So, Hubby and I have spent le weekend en France...

After my work shenanigans on Thursday night, we woke up at 5ish the next morning and headed down to the Channel Tunnel... and got on the train 2 hours before we had booked - all free, whoot!

We arrived in good time and headed to the shopping centre for our usual troll around the shops (2 jumpers, a set of bracelets and a stripy top for me), and lunch at Les 3 Brasseurs - our favourite Flammekuche and followed by a Gaufre from Chuck's.

We then hit the supermarket - where I was horrified that they were changing the packaging on the shower gel (Tahiti) that I have been using for nearly 20 years, and as a result, they didn't have my favourite flavour in stock. Devastated.

We carried on to Reims.... and to pick up our Champagne from our favourite vineyard - Chauvet in Tours sur Marne.

My French has been rubbish though, really not got my ear in this time at all and struggling with vocab.

We arrived at the B&B (again, a favourite spot of ours, the Manoir de Charmes in Ay), to find out that the Christmas lights were being turned on in the town of Epernay nearby, so we headed off there.

It was some weirdly themed cinema through the years lighting shebang which was slightly surreal, so we headed back to the B&B and then out for dinner at a small restaurant called Resto Day which has a great but small menu. We had Kir Royale to start, a bottle of Riesling and a 3 course meal, which was scrummy.

Slightly tiddled walking back to the B&B...

On Saturday we went up to Reims for the Christmas Markets, and found a gorgeous wine coaster for Hubby's mum. We also found another branch of the 3 Brasseurs and went in for more Flammekuche! And then a Gaufre from one of the market stalls. Of course.

We then stopped by a different supermarket, which had 6 bottles of my favourite shower gel, so we bought them all! And supplies for a bed picnic later.

We spent the late afternoon and evening just chilling out, reading, playing a card game called BackPacker and eating tasty food. So relaxing!

We headed home today, stopping at the shopping centre for our last Flammekuche and Gaufre.... we are nothing if not predictable!

I have been wrapping Christmas presents, mostly all done now, and catching up on t.v., mainly X Factor.

And then, I decided to turn on the laptop and just idly Google for fertile periods, as we're now trying.... and apparently while I had thought it was next weekend... turns out it was this weekend.

I know the chances are very very slim, but it's weird to think that I could be pregnant now.

Well, I guess we'll know for sure by New Year's Eve.

EDIT: Having checked with a number of websites that offer an ovulation calculation service, it appears that no one really knows - the dates are all different!

2 comments:

Sarahf said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. FIngers crossed!

hannahbanana said...

I think ovulation is different for every one, but as a *general* rule your period comes usually 14 days after ovulation. There are other signs of course but some of them are a bit icky! Having said that, my periods were very odd when we conceived annie, so we just had LOTS of sex (like every day) and hoped for the best! x