So, I've had a couple of days of feeling crappy for more reasons than one, and a variety of crapinness ranging from feeling like I'm going to pass out, to having agonising cramps. I spent two evenings potato a la couch. No more.
Being overweight is only reducing our chances of getting pregnant. I am inspired by Suzi who has lost a phenomenal amount of weight, is about to be featured by WeightWatchers as a Success Story, has applied for a job there, runs on a daily basis, has entered a marathon, and drinks beer every day. And is potty mouthed and irreverent.
I am inspired by Jack, who has also lost a phenomenal amount of weight, admits his struggles, but takes on the responsibility of inspiring and motivating the rest of us, whether through his BodFather programme, his witty re-writing of songs, his strip-cartoon style photo comics (no nakedness, not that sort of stripping), and just endless humour.
I am inspired by Kathryn, who just keeps me laughing, and helps me realise that there are more important things to beating myself up for not going to the gym.
I am inspired by Sarahf who runs in the foulest of weathers, and keeps us amused with tales of life as an expat in Japan and the cultural "challenges" that she faces on a daily basis.
I am inspired by Skinny Me who teaches us that lunch doesn't have to be fast food or a daily sandwich, that salads can be big and tasty, and that trying out a few new recipes can really keep us going - and that most of all, tracking helps us lose weight. And she manages to do all this on top of being a teacher, moving house, organising a wedding and doing Booty Camp. Her energy amazes me.
There are others of you out there whose weight loss journeys and progress put me to shame. I winge about not losing weight, but I am no way near as dedicated as you guys. I am lazy, and at the first excuse NOT to go to the gym, I'll take it. The first opportunity to eat what I shouldn't, and I'm just holding my plate out.
I'm sabotaging myself. I don't know why. I'm not going to turn it around overnight, one step at a time, but I am going to get back into a sensible gym routine, and I am going to start tracking what I eat and make sure that I stop pissing around with my health.
In other news - I now have to go and spend a day sitting with my agencies, holding my tongue so that I don't tell them how crap they are at times. I've made my points with them several times, and I am hoping that others in my team will take up the baton, because I'm done. I've done everything I can to improve what we get from them, with no significant change over 4 years. I'm done having them tell me that it's not what the charts they produce look like, but what the message is. I'm done telling them that the not only do the charts look crap, but the analysis is weak and anything but insightful. If they don't get it by now, they never will.
In the meantime, one of my former colleagues from 7 years ago is now one of our Account senior people. She might get what I'm talking about.
And I have to ring estate agents and get them to come and value our house tomorrow.
1 comment:
Thanks for the mention! I'm blushing a little. Hope the cramps are easing and the estate agent doesn't give you more. Take care.
Post a Comment