Tuesday, January 11, 2011

No wonder!

Okay, so I've been looking into the whole BodyBugg thing (new series of UK and USA Biggest Loser starting this week), and in the UK it's called the Ki Fit.

Found lots of great reviews, and the only negatives seem to be people objecting to the subscription price.

Anyway, found a link to another site that calculates your BMR - the number of calories your body burns while doing nothing. Mine is 1,600. So, if I was to eat the recommended daily calories for a woman (2,000) a day, it is hardly surprising that I put on weight.

And to lose weight, I need to eat, ideally, around 1,100 calories a day - which is pretty much what I've always maintained when people have told me I don't eat enough to lose weight properly.

And so it's no big surprise that I've not really lost weight over the past year, because although most days I'm probably around the 1,000 cals mark, at the weekend, it can be as much as 3,000 with a meal out. So therefore I am not banking the required 3,500 calories to lose 1lb a week.

In other news... ladies, have you ever tried to pee on a stick?

I did one of the ovulation tests this morning. Interesting, being at work and doing it in the work toilets - ever wondered what the person in the cubicle next to you is doing? Don't want to know? Thought not!

Anyway, it tells you to do the test between 10-8, and don't drink too much for the 2 hours before you do the test.

So I drank nothing between 8 and 10, and went to do the test at 10. Big mistake.

There was so little to pee that I kept missing the damn stick and you're supposed to leave it in the flow for 5 seconds. Anyway, after what seemed an hour in the toilets, I did get a result - negative, so I guess I won't be jumping on Hubby when he gets home tonight - good job too as he won't be back til well after my bedtime anyway.

I don't think I was missed because I usually take about 5 minutes to have a quick nap in the loo anyway while I'm at work! Powernapping rocks!

It did make me realise though, that within the 48 hour window you have each cycle, if you can't make your schedules match up with your other half, that's it, you've missed your opportunity for another 4 weeks.

It sucks, basically. And I understand why one of my friends has taken over a year now with still no result. Mind you, she hasn't been taking any sort of tests. Probably because it's so damn hard to pee on a stick when you can't see what you're doing anyway.

I'll bet a man designed the test.

2 comments:

hannahbanana said...

Lol, you just wait til you have to pee in a teeny pot with a massive bump, now that's tricky!!
As for the timing, just have sex as much as you can - every day!!!

Sarahf said...

Haha, power naps in the loo? Genius!