In my post about our holiday, I completely forgot to rave about O! The Cirque de Soleil show in residence at the Bellagio. It blew me away and ranks up there with Alegria which has always been my favourite, and I've seen a few now!!
Basically they have a sunken swimming pool on stage, and boats and diving and platforms that come up and down to provide a hard surface. Basically it is AWESOME.
In terms of the whole learnings, I have realised that the main reason I didn't put on too much weight while we were away (official weight gain 3.5lb) is not only because we were walking quite a lot rather than just sat sunning ourselves and drinking cocktails endlessly, but also because we were eating consistently.
At home, we tend to eat very healthily during the week and then at the weekends we drink and we have meals out and that doesn't work for our bodies, or at least, not mine. While we were away I wasn't drinking alot, but we were having consistently balanced meals each day. We weren't managing to eat 3 courses, we would share a starter - and more importantly, I wasn't eating until I felt bloated every meal (just one - in Vegas!). Yes, we were having filling meals, but I wasn't gorging myself at every chance - like I do tend to at the weekends at home.
I still seem to have lost my appetite for food - I'm eating, yes, but more for the sake of it. I need our weekly diet to be more varied and tasty and interesting but I'm not sure how without the time to spend on evening meals. I need to start planning meals better.
In other news, tonight was my first day back at the gym, and I managed a whopping 8k, which was about 5k more than I thought I would manage. I have also decided to start training on steep hill walking, because that and steps are what throw me - I can run miles, but I can't walk up 3 flights of stairs without getting out of breath.
2 comments:
Wow! It sounds like you had an awesome vacation, sweetie! I'm so happy for you!
I think it's great that you're beginning to figure out some ways to trick your body into either not gaining, or making food less important in the scheme of things.
It sounds like you've got so much going on now...who has time to eat?
Holiday was incredible, just wish we could have stayed there! Were secretly wishing for a volcanic ash cloud!
Post a Comment