Last night Hubby inadvertently made me feel a bit dumb and it upset me a bit. And made me realise that I have absolutely no idea when it comes to the whole menstrual cycle and that sort of thing (sorry if this is TMI).
I pointed out that I don't have anyone to talk to about this stuff that I don't want knowing that we're doing this. Mind you, it's not really the sort of conversation I would ever have with my mum anyway. I don't really have that sort of relationship with many of my girl-friends either. The one I probably would talk to I don't really want to tell we're trying either.
Anyway, having realised that I had no clue about fertile periods etc. I went on t'internet and found out all about it.
I started taking folic acid this morning. It's all kind of scary really and I think I maybe need to order a book or something to learn from.
In other news, I slept a lot better last night and spent today having some agencies pitching to us for a big project - I had a few colleagues in with me, and although I was one of the most junior and the only girl, I think I held my own. I had been worried that the agencies would naturally turn to the more senior audience members, but my boss etc. let me lead the discussions and answer any questions. It also helped us re-frame what it is we're looking for.
All that aside, my next post will have holiday photos in it... stay tooned....
3 comments:
Good luck with the 'trying' :)
Books are generally very reliable for information and then you don't have to entertain any conversations you don't want to :)
You are so right! They're not conversations I feel comfortable having even with my husband sometimes!!
Aw. Well, that's what the internet is for, sweetie. INFORMATION. You should be able to find everything you need, I hope. If not, just ask.
Glad you're holding your own in the meetings with clients...not that I thought you couldnt! Not for a second!
Post a Comment