Monday, October 4, 2010

Weekend

It was a weekend of family. But instead of mentally allowing myself to eat whatever I wanted because it was the weekend, and then just eating everything in sight, I ate "normally", I didn't binge. I didn't over indulge because I had given myself permission to.

I ate more than I would during the week, but not a massive amount more.

On Sunday we had roast dinner at my parents and bless her, my mum's roast potatoes are something I can quite easily say no to. They're just not nice.

And in the evening, instead of eating because it was supper time, I realised I wasn't hungry, so I had a low fat hot chocolate, and then I went to bed.

I just need to keep going with this mindset, but today was a challenge already. We were given "breakfast"... and I ended up having 2 mini muffins. Not a huge amount I know, but I ate them without thinking, and I am a little bit cross with myself, so I'm trying not to beat myself up about it because I don't want to get back into the whole binge-fast-binge-guilt cycle.

I hit the gym tonight, and I managed to do 10km, which I am really pleased with because it means that I haven't lost much of my fitness while being away.

In other news, I put on a waistcoat that I bought last December and haven't been able to get into without the buttons bulging a bit.... and it fitted perfectly. Only slightly depressing is that US sizes seem to be more realistic than UK sizes, and the US sizes I have are all size 12 - which is a 16 in the UK, and I thought I was getting back into a 14 nowadays.

Oh well. One day at a time.

1 comment:

kathryn said...

Sweetie, forget about the stupid number in the garment! Cut the damn thing out if it's bothering you!

I've discovered that I can range anywhere between an 8 (whee!) to a 12-14, depending on the designer and cut. That's when I said, "Forget it. It's just not worth it."

There's no true size anymore...so, just let. it. go.