Thursday, November 3, 2011

A chance comment reminded me...

That I haven't posted a blog entry in months!

(And no, Hailey, I'm sorry, but you are a complete stranger whose blog I have never heard of, so why would I put a link to it on my blog?)

The short version of the past few months:

Various house dramas, an afternoon in hospital monitoring the baby, living in a house surrounded by boxes, meeting nice people at our ante natal class... we are moving on the 11th - Hurrah! We take delivery of the sensible family car the week after that, and then the baby is due 6 weeks after that. Yup, we timed it all well!

So, bump news: it's still pretty small, but no one seems worried, so I'm not. I get a lot of movement each day, not so much of the "I can see a fist coming out of my stomach" variety, but more ripples across my tummy. I am realising it is not a performing seal though, because as soon as I actually stop and look for movement, or try and get Hubby to see it, the bump stops moving.

I am disorganised because of the house move, so where others in my ante natal class have hospital bags packed and nurseries decorated and furnished, I have neither. I have a few onesies that I am told will be too big, 5 vests that will be the right size, and a few pairs of scratch mitts and a couple of hats. Once we have moved, I will unpack what we have bought and see what else we need. We have the buggy and car seat, and are being given a crib and baby bath, so we've got most of the hardware. The nursery is being decorated the week after we move in and the curtains and carpet are on order.

We have met some lovely people living in and around our new home village - and we all seem to get on very well, so that's nice. We especially all seem to have a love of eating in nice pubs/restaurants, and have had lots of recommendations already. The girls have also been scoping out cafes that could accommodate us and the babies for meeting up during maternity leave.

The people selling us our house have been just the best - our buyers have messed us all around, and we felt bad. They have been emailing us with measurements, letting us go over, and last weekend when we went over to check out space for furniture, they invited some of the neighbours over to meet us. We wish they weren't moving away really.

On the slightly less bright front, we are discovering that our current house has oodles of storage space that our new place doesn't, and won't for some time. We cannot afford to do everything at once, so wardrobes and drawers for clothes will have to wait until next year. How the current owners survive with only one triple wardrobe and one chest of drawers between them is beyond me! We have also discovered that the bedrooms are going to be a bit of a tight squeeze once we do get clothes storage, so we might have to get them custom made. Thank god we just have regular double beds and not king size!

Workwise, the new job is going well, but starting to get tired with it. Have got 4 more weeks to go, and have to finish off quite a lot of stuff and also plan and conduct handover to my replacement. I have had to take the rest of my holiday before I go off, so this means that for the next 3 weeks I will only be working 3 day weeks - this is good as the longer commute is going to take its toll I suspect. It also gives me a chance to get the house shipshape and also do some Christmas shopping (and birthdays - all of my family seem to have birthdays in November and December!).

So - that's pretty much it really.

2 comments:

Sarahf said...

I actually found myself welling up reading this, your life sounds like it's right where you want it to be. How wonderful. Good luck with the move, hope all goes smoothly. The new village sounds just perfect and I'm sure you'll work around the lack of storage space somehow.

Runnergirl said...

I wanted to leave a comment on your blog entry:

I've been pretty AWOL too. Well done on the run, especially in the rain, and good luck for the Kobe Marathon (I am wondering if that has anything in common with Kobe beef in terms of someone giving you a lovely massasge at the end?).

Lol on the gym/marriage!

But I can't seem to figure out how to!