What news? Well, in brief:
- We found a house we wanted to buy - another one - we couldn't sell ours in time so we lost it to some other buyers.
- The other buyers had to pull out because they lost their buyers, so we said we were still interested.
- We've dropped our house price by £20k, which is A LOT, and makes our house a bargain... and yet, still no viewings. There are just NO buyers out there, it seems.
- We can officially confirm that we are expecting as we had our 12 week scan, and although I had convinced myself that I had imagined everything, there is actually a baby inside of me.
- I was expecting to feel all excited now, but we can't DO anything to plan for the baby's arrival because we don't know where we are going to be living yet. And in our current house, we just don't have to room to store anything for the baby anyway.
- I am still feeling nauseous. I have found that the way to get rid of the nausea is to eat.
- Therefore, I am steadily gaining weight, even though most people lose weight in their first trimester.
- Therefore, I am going to the gym tonight to sign up again so that I can just go and walk on the treadmill for as long as possible and get fit again. I might also (shock horror) buy myself a swimsuit and go swimming.
- I am really enjoying my new role at work, although some projects seem to move really slowly and are out of my control, so, today for instance, I don't really have anything I HAVE to do, and so I am unmotivated, distracted and a bit bored.
- I got creative last week and made some great cushion covers with inset zips for my mother in law's birthday present - I have impressed myself so much that I am looking forward to decorating a new house and making lots of cushions!
In other news, all my tv shows that I watch have finished for the season, and there doesn't seem to be anything on to replace them, so my current tv schedule consists of a programme on Hoarding, "How I met your mother" and any programmes on women having babies.
Which is actually helping a lot - I've been terrified of the whole giving birth thing, but the way I see it now is:
- It's going to hurt - that's inevitable, but the more I can relax, the easier it will be.
- However long it goes on for, the vast majority of women get through it... and go on to do it again.
- My body will know what to do, and I will find a strength within me that I never knew I had.
- It's like being on a rollercoaster I don't like - the only way to get through it is ride it to the end.
Watching lots of women go through the easiest and hardest deliveries is preparing me for what to expect, so that's good for me to see.
I shall just leave you (if there's anybody left, that is) with this:

2 comments:
Congratulations! Hope all goes smoothly and the nausea goes away. I'm really happy for you!
Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back and we'll talk about it.
Thanks!
Hailey William
haileyxhailey@gmail.com
Post a Comment