I wrote my last blog entry.
Since then, I have been insanely exhausted in the evenings and haven't bothered logging on.
Since using my ipod for Facebook/Twitter etc. I find myself misstyping words under the impression that it will autocorrect. It doesn't.
So, what have the last few weeks held?
Frustrations at work because our work system has a bug with Powerpoint, so when I am creating charts (80% of my job!), it crashes. Repeatedly. Every few seconds. I have at least figured out how to make it recover what I was working on and I am saving it every second it's not crashing so I haven't lost too much work, but it does mean that everything takes so much longer than it should do.
The worst thing was the other day when I had put the finishing touches to a really good presentation for one of our trading directors, and a split second after I hit save, we had a power cut. I thought nothing of it, as my laptop doesn't rely on mains, but 20 minutes before we were due to give this presentation, my boss asked to have a quick look at the deck.... and it was corrupt and we couldn't even open it!
Disaster! I managed to find an autorecovered version from the previous evening, and talked through what had been lost, but I was gutted. I re-built it, but it wasn't as good.
So, aside from frustrations with Powerpoint, work is still going well. Except that I am exhausted all the time. Because I'm not going to the gym now, I have a tendency to dwell at work. The other day we had torrential rain, and as I left at rush hour, it took me 70 minutes to drive the 5 miles home.
However, all of that pales into comparison next to the drama that is our home life. We found a house that would suit us perfectly. It's not as idyllic as the last place we found, but it's practical. It has lots of space, and scope for improvement. It's in a lovely village, on a quiet road.
However, the agent dealing with our house sale seem incompetent. It took them 4 days to get our house details online (despite already having them on file and just having to upload them). Then, they supposedly arranged a viewing, told us it was on Monday. It wasn't, it was on Tuesday. Except on Tuesday, they never showed up either. I had to keep ringing them to find out what was going on as well. On top of that, I asked if they had been through their databases (having told us originally that they had a range of suitable buyers), and it turns out that there is NO ONE suitable on their databases. So, basically, we're just waiting for contact through either their website, or the various property websites there are out there.
In the meantime, we are advertising ourselves on Tepilo and on Gumtree. But no joy. There just don't seem to be any young couples out there looking to buy a house at the moment. It's not a huge surprise as there are quite a few similar priced houses nearby that have been on the market for months.
On the plus side, although there is apparently another couple interested in the same house that we are, they haven't yet put in an offer. And we're really hoping they don't. And that someone shows an interest in ours. So far it's been on the market for over a week, and we have had nothing.
The highlight of the past week though, has been seeing one of my best friends get married. It was a perfect day and a perfect country wedding.
1 comment:
The work thing sounds really frustrating. Hope they get that sorted out soon. Good luck with the house.
Post a Comment