So, this week has been a bit of a bummer too, but ended ok.
We received a letter saying that we had not submitted our tax returns for our company partnership. Something we hadn't even known we were supposed to do. We had done our individual Self Assessment tax returns, which had a section in it on the Partnership, so we assumed that was it.
It wasn't. We have been fined £100 each. I have written a letter or appeal, but paid the fine anyway so that we don't incur interest.
On top of that, we got back from dinner at my parents' on Thursday to find a letter from the police saying that I had apparently been caught speeding on a stretch of road near home, where they have recently slowed the traffic from 60mph to 30 and put in speed cameras.
I knew they were there. And although I may speed on other roads, there is absolutely no way that I would be stupid enough to drive through a speed camera I knew was there. Especially not over 15mph more than the speed limit!
I have sent a letter requesting to be sent the two photos proving that I had been speeding. I really hope I am right or else I'm going to look very foolish.
On the upside of these crappy things, I managed to get to the gym 3 times this week, and on Friday I hid the clock and watched the tv (without sound or subtitles!) and before I knew it, I had run 6miles! So I was really pleased with that.
Today we have had a really fun day out - a belated birthday present for me - we went and learnt how to make Sushi! It was so much fun, although I think I've had my fill of sushi for a while!
Tomorrow we have a day of nothing - I'm going to attempt to make some bread, roast a chicken, maybe do some gardening and we're going to make home made pizzas together. Nice and relaxing.
In the meantime I have been planning lots of birthday surprises for Hubby. I have loaded some books onto his Kindle I am giving him (and I now want my own!), I have bought tickets for a folk festival in the Summer, and I have just put together a collection of our holiday photos to make him a personalised lap tray.
My new role is starting up and I am juggling 2 roles at the moment, but I think I'm going to be better at this new role than I originally thought, so I'm feeling good. I could really do with some good luck for a while.
Despite all the running this week, I think that all the sushi might have taken its toll so maybe no weight loss again this week. Meanwhile my friend who I am dieting with has lost 6.5lb in her first week and is now lecturing me to try Rosemary Conley's plans - the thing is, I know me, and I know that to lose weight I need to cut out all eating out, alcohol and step up the exercise even more. I'm not sure I've got the energy for that, but I have to if I'm going to get even close to 12st before this wedding at the end of May.
2 comments:
I envy you the sushi school. I've been having fun cooking all sorts of food, but the sushi disaster is still playing on my mind. Any tips on how to make good sushi rolls?
Hi Sarah, sorry I haven't stopped by your blog in a while!
The trick seems to be in the rice preparation. Basically you cook it with water covering it by about 2 cm. Wash the rice before cooking. When cooked through, drain it off and pour in some rice vinegar in a ratio of 1:4 (so if you cooked 100 gr of rice, pour in 400ml of vinegar). Leave it to absorb.
They also said to keep your hands wet with a mixture of water and vinegar (we wore latex gloves smeared with mayonnaise!).
Cover your sushi mat in cling film as well. Nori should be rough side up, rice coating not too thick.
Use a wet knife to cut your rolls into pieces.
Post a Comment