Friday, March 11, 2011

Better week

Not better on the exercise and diet front, but better in general.

My health is better, I've been getting tired legs, but I've managed a couple of runs this week. I went on Monday even though I really wasn't feeling like it, it wasn't great but I did 6k.

On Wednesday I really wasn't in the mood and so I didn't go. I had a night off. Probably not deserved and given that Hubby was back late, I probably should have gone. Oh well.

I went again tonight and did 5 miles - not a whole lot, but still 5 miles better than nothing.

I am being talked into changing gyms - I need to go and investigate, but a new colleague says that the gym around the corner is £15 a month cheaper than mine, and looking at the gym classes available it looks really interesting. They do some 15 minute and 30 minute intensive workouts that could be good for me to change things up rather than just running.

New colleague is rapidly becoming a close friend as we seem to have so much in common - we both struggle with love of food and weight - she has a chronic sweet tooth though and has actually had a chocolate bar a day since she started here! It's been hard, but I've been resisting the urge to join her! We have discovered a shared love of pear drops and mint hot chocolate!

I'm helping her though - I suggested switching to skinny hot choc which she didn't know we could get, and also told her about Pret a Manger's skinny chocolate popcorn as a healthier alternative to her chocolate bar.

Anyway, on Monday we are going to head to the gym and do an hour of cardio and then do a 30 minute fast class to see what it's like. If I like it, I think I'll switch - that's £180 a year I could save, and Suzi has been inspiring me to look at other things than running.

Despite the lack of exercise and a few treats this week, the weight does seem to have started going down again, so I'm pleased. I seem to have got my mojo back.

In other news, I am trying to move into my new role - and have been tasked with a few things that I haven't the faintest idea about, but my new boss seems to have faith in me. I surprised myself with a brief to my current boss about everything that I currently do - I am worried that a lot of it will get missed.

I guess it's not going to be my problem though.

Our luck seems to be changing again though, Hubby got an 18% bonus, which is awesome, and I got a 2% payrise, which doesn't seem as impressive, but given that last year's was 1%, I was expecting far less. We won't be better off, but we won't be worse off either at least.

Still waiting to hear about my bonus, but we shall see.

In baby making news, we have done everything we can this month, so hoping for the best.. and looking forward to a well deserved holiday in a couple of weeks!

1 comment:

Sarahf said...

Glad to hear things are getting better. Spring seems to have that effect. Thank you for your kind message.