Friday, November 19, 2010

A funny thing...

Just a quick one cos I'm at work...

I realised, as we near the year's end, that I started this blog back in September 2009 (!) to chart the progress of 2 things.
  1. My weight loss and exercise
  2. The starting up of our own business

Epic fail on both of these.

Although the exercise has been good-ish - I realised my diary and blog were the correct recording of my km's so the pressure is on to complete at least 30k a week between now and New Year's Eve, made somewhat trickier by the closure of my gym for 2 weeks' refurbishment... hmm. But I digress. The weight loss has not been good. For some reason, just before our holiday in September, it all started coming together, and I started losing weight regularly - although I couldn't tell you what I was doing differently to what I am doing now. Anyway, since then, I have hovered around the 12st 9lb mark for a few months, so my weight loss for the total year is likely to be a big fat ZERO by the time we come around to the anniversary of my start date for this. Oh well.

The business plan has been a doozey too. A year to the day that we got our incorporation certificate, I found myself completing the form to formally close the business. It's just not going to happen in the near future, and in the meantime there seems little point completing tax returns and paying for business registration when we're not doing anything with it.

Especially as I have completed my self assessment tax return, and for some reason I now owe the Inland Revenue £342 and I have no idea why! The letter they sent me for the tax I pay through my full time employment stated that I owed about £30 - why this has increased 10-fold when I had no finances against the business and my self employment status, and given that I have only been claiming tax relief on my pension contributions at the lower level, when it should be the higher rate; I have no idea why I suddenly have a big tax bill.

In other news, the baby plan is on hold (AGAIN, I know!) because when it comes to the crunch - i.e. this weekend, Hubby has decided that he really doesn't want a child born before September because they would be young (small) for their school year and might get bullied. I don't understand this, but I do respect his wishes, so we're holding off another month.

In other other news, I had a rud(ish) dream last night about one of my colleagues. It wasn't really rude, so much as a lot of chemistry but no actual hanky panky apart from kissing, and for some reason whenever I dream about kissing someone other than my husband (which doesn't happen that often!), it's always like, well, like kissing a clay head - I end up with a mouthful of euw and it's not a pleasant experience.

That said, the chemistry and potential seduction in the dream has gotten me a little bit, well, worked up. I think probably because I've never really had a dream like that. And it was nice. But I feel bad for potentially cheating on my husband.

The dream was basically that we had found ourselves on this work break thing on a tropical island (I know! As if!), and we had ended up in a beach chalet together. The chemistry was intense, but because we are both married (and weirdly, I have NEVER looked at this guy in any way like this!), we just kind of curled up on the bed and slept together, except there was a bit of friskiness, but we decided we couldn't do anything about it (and uh oh, he's just walked in...).

Anyway, we then got back to work and the rest of the dream was basically about us meeting in corridors and rooms trying to resist the urge to do anything, and then deciding that just once wouldn't hurt, just to see whether it would be as good as we thought - except then we just couldn't get any privacy and then I woke up. (Damn alarm).

Lastly - I pulled some data as a last minute favour for one of my favourite colleagues.. and he's given me a £15 itunes card as a thank you - now, what to spend it on?!

That is all.

1 comment:

kathryn said...

Woah. That was some frisky dream! I often think that those kind of dreams don't mean much besides the obvious...that we were feeling randy in our sleep. I wouldn't read too much into it.

As for the weight/business end of things, I know it's hard to see it now but it'll all work out in the end. This stuff has a way of working out for the best. You'll see.