Well, too many excuses for everything. Work has been insane this past week, and as a result I had little energy for anything. I made it to the gym once, and missed line dancing.
I was doing well on the weight loss front - 3lb off according to my scales, but I had a team day and we ate at the pub, and I managed to have gained 1lb by the time I weighed in at class. I am hoping this means that I will lose significantly next week just because of the sheer density of the food that I ate. That said, I've hardly been at all saintly and have only roughly been sticking to the plan.
In terms of the business plan, we are no further forward, except that not many of our friends and family like the chosen name. I am also getting disheartened at the apparent difficulty to find suppliers for product, and the sheer number of competitors.
I think we shall just have to register the business name and get all the bank accounts set up, but I don't think we'll be trading at least until next Summer, as we'll need to find suppliers at the trade fairs, and then build the website around the products we want to sell and that takes time.
I woke up this morning with a feeling of restlessness. I just want to do something, anything to shake up the rather hum drum routine that we've gotten ourselves into. Nick pointed out that this might be a reason why people have kids!
Bottom line, I just want a nice house somewhere relatively rural, with a bigger garden than we have now. I want to not have to go and work in an office every day, and I want to be able to spend more of my time with my husband.
Is this a typical 33 year old sentiment? Is this why people do have children?
I just feel like I want to take a massive risk, do something adventurous and different to our day to day life.
One of my best friends is having 3 months off to go travelling. Another spent 6 months living in New York last year.
There is so much that I want to do, but, even without children, I still feel the heavy burden of responsibility - 2 cats, a mortgage, a home we do love... and a need to be in full time employment to pay for our planned holidays each year.
So, in reality - would I ever gamble that all away? No. But I still need to do something different. I just don't know what.
Maybe a radical haircut?!
3 comments:
Thanks for your thoughtful comment on my blog! Yes, I have seen my skinny friends and they're TOTALLY not into food like I am. I hate it. I have also tried the "in moderation" thing, and it works to maintain my weight, but not to drop it. At least I know where the balance should be when I reach my goals.
Best of luck to you in your journey, too! :)
Thanks for stopping by!
~Jenn (Ex Hot Girl)
Thanks for stopping by! The radical haircut thing doesn't always work. I've tried that, and am not quite at your level of sage. It may help though! But going camping (in the woods, a la tent) for a week or two, away from anything electronic, away from the hub bub and hum drum, without schedules, and spent with your true love can be very refreshing. If you need some ideas, there are a ton in Maine that I could hook you up with. If you might be thinking of having kids, go to Wal-Mart on Black Friday, and stand near the toy aisle. If, at the end of the 10 minutes of listening to the shrieking, crying, and temper tantrums, your blood pressure hasn't spiked, your skin isn't crawling, and you're not ready to walk over and strangle the alleged-parent, then you may be ready to have kids. Best wishes!
-Marian
The thing that keeps hubby and I going is planned holidays, and I shouldn't be so restless - we have a city break to Rome and New York planned in the rest of the year to look forward to. I like the idea of getting away from technology, but that might have to wait til next year (we're planning a 3 week trip from Denver to San Fran, taking in lots of sights along the way).
I know what you mean about Walmart - we have Asda(Walmart) over here, and I always come home hating other people's kids and the parents half the time!!
I had a radical haircut a few years ago, and I did actually really like it... hubby prefers it longer though and I look less like a boy so I like it too!
Don't think we'll ever be ready to have kids - we like it just being the 2 of us and our pets too much! Children just don't fit into any part of our life plans!
Post a Comment