Friday, September 18, 2009

Fresh Start

I guess I have 2 major things going on to blog about at the moment.

Every year when it is my birthday, I try and set myself a challenge or two to complete by my next birthday. A few years ago I started running half marathons, but last year I let everything slide and achieved nothing.

I turned 33 a couple of weeks ago, and decided that this year I have 2 challenges to do.

  1. I have been dieting more on than off since I was 8 years old. At my biggest I was 15.5stone. I tend to plateau around 12stone, give up, and go back up to 13stone. I am not going to turn 34 still overweight. I just can't do that to myself anymore. My 9st10lb target is probably unrealistic, so I'm going to take it one step at a time. My first goal is to get to 12stone by Christmas and our trip to New York just before, so I can spend my hard saved cash on some nice new smaller size clothes. I would like to get to goal by my 34th birthday. This is going to be a massive challenge for me, but it's about time I actually achieved this goal. No more excuses.
  2. Nick and I have been working on our business plans and getting lots of ideas, and looking at other people's businesses. We know what we want to do. We have a way to go in terms of understanding the operational side of things and costing it all up, but we are getting there. Therefore, my second challenge is for us to have the business up and running and making a profit by the time my birthday comes around.

We are planning a long 3 week break to the States next year just after my birthday, and so I want to make sure we have these 2 things to celebrate when we get to Vegas. We're planning on getting married again (or, renewing our vows!) in Vegas, and I want to look stunning.

These are my goals for the next 50 weeks. That doesn't seem like such a long time. I shall track my progress here.

Weight: 12st 13.5lb

1 comment:

mainecrashed2 said...

in addition to dieting, try livestrong.com and go to the daily plate.
I have been doing that for about 8 weeks and have lost 12 pounds so far. It keeps in mind your goal weightloss, and has lots of foods, and has just about anything for exercise. It's free...and wicked easy to use. It takes into consideration your exercise for the day in caloric energy spent...very helpful!
Hope this helps, and good luck :-)
Marian