Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Lazy

The reason I am overweight, the reason I am still at the same level in my career after 9 years and not running my own business is that fundamentally I am lazy.

The reason I am not living a life like Cherry Menlove (although, reading this, maybe I don't want to!) or spending my free time upcycling old furniture or sewing things from my piles of fabric, is that I just can't be bothered.

I hate exercising because it requires too much effort.
I'm no good at sticking to diets for the long run because of the planning that needs to go into it on a daily basis.

I love cooking and baking, but would far rather eat out so that someone else does all the prep and cleaning up.

I just don't seem to have the get up and go that other people have. I don't have any hobbies because I just can't be bothered with the commitment that is needed. There are so many projects I've started and not finished.

My dream one day would be to build our own house or do a renovation project, but knowing me, I don't think it's anything I will actually ever do.

The same goes for childcare - going to work is easier than staying at home and looking after my own children and finding ways to entertain them.

Is it possible to learn to not be lazy?

No comments: